Personal Data Protection Policy
- will only be used in the manner described in this “Personal Data Protection Policy – Website” and in accordance with our personal data protection policy.
- will be processed in accordance with the regulations in force applicable to the processing of personal data, and in particular European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”) applicable since 25 May 2018, as well as those of Law 78-17 of 6 January 1978 relating to information technology, files and liberties, as amended, “la loi informatique et libertés”.
The Personal Data collected by our Website will only be used for the purposes described in article 1. Once collected, the Personal Data will not be used subsequently for other incompatible purposes without your consent. Meteors acts as data controller. You may request us to do so by contacting our DPO at the following address: DPO@meteors-data.com if you would like further information on how we process your personal data. This Data Protection Policy may be updated in accordance with the evolution of our site and our processing, and with legislation. You are currently viewing the September 2020 update.
1. Purposes of the processing of Personal Data collected on our Meteors site
- Respond to your requests sent to us via the Site’s contact form
- Answer your requests sent to us via the demo request form,
- Respond to your requests for white paper downloads sent to us via the request form in our blog,
- Receive and process unsolicited applications or applications in response to a vacancy at Meteors published on our website in the recruitment section,
- Analysing site traffic, establishing statistics on frequentation, audience, improvement of functionalities, maintenance, etc.
2. Personal Data collected on our Meteors website
Directly: surname, first name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, position in the company, …
Indirectly: through an identifier (such as a customer number), a (telephone) number, a credit card number, a bank account number, an IP address, biometric data (fingerprint, retinal, facial, DNA) or several specific elements specific to his physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity, but also voice or image).
The use of your Personal Data collected via our contact forms on the Meteors site or the submission of your application is necessary in order to respond to your requests for information, demonstrations, downloads or recruitment. Meteors relies on your consent to the use of your Personal Data for these purposes in order to respond to yaour questions and applications. The fields that may be marked with an asterisk on the forms are mandatory and essential for us to be able to process and respond to your request. Otherwise, if you do not fill in the requested data, we will not be able to process and reply to your request or application. The use of certain Personal Data collected via cookies is based on your consent to the use of such Personal Data for the purpose of analysing traffic on the Site. The use of certain Personal Data is also necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest of the Companies to ensure the security of their IT environment.
Only the dedicated teams who will respond to your requests will have access to your Personal Information: the Sales, Communication and IT team for enquiries and demonstrations, the HR/Directorate team for recruitment and the DPO (Organisation and Finance team) for your requests for access to your Personal Information.
Your Personal Data will not be transmitted to third parties, except when required by law, to establish, exercise or defend our rights, or to respond to requests from legal or administrative bodies, government authorities or jurisdictions.
We work with SAS Nexylan (274 ter Avenue de la Marne, 59700 Marcq-en-Barœul) for the hosting of our data: storage, maintenance, backup and support.
In accordance with the applicable regulations on RGPD and the management of your personal data that we have collected about you, you may exercise the following rights:
The rights reinforced by the GDPR :
- Right of access to your Personal Data: you have the right to access and obtain a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you (subject to certain restrictions).
- Right to rectify your Personal Data: you have the right to have any Personal Data that is inaccurate or out of date corrected, and/or to complete it if it is incomplete.
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Data: you may object to the processing of your data at any time for reasons relating to your situation. You do not need to provide any reason for objecting to the canvassing. The right to object is not a right to erasure. Meteors may refuse this right of opposition in certain cases provided for in the GDPR. If you have consented to the processing, you must first withdraw your consent before exercising your right to object. You may withdraw your consent to the treatment at any time.
- Right to have your Personal Data erased or deleted. (“the right to oblivion”). Please note that this is not an absolute right, because for legal obligations or legitimate reasons, it may be necessary for Meteors to keep your Personal Data. This right only applies in certain cases provided for in article 17 of the GDPR.
The new rights that appeared with the GDPR :
- Right to the portability of your Personal Data: this right allows you to recover the personal data you have provided us with. This data must be transmitted to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, and you may request its transfer from our database to another service provider when technically possible. This right is only possible if the following 2 conditions are met: the processing is based on your consent or on a contract AND when the processing is carried out using automated processes.
- Right to limit the processing of your Personal Data: you have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your data. We can no longer use your data but we keep them. This right applies in 4 specific circumstances, limited and provided for in article 18 of the GDPR. The limitation entails the temporary freezing of all processing on your data.
- The right to refuse an automated individual decision, often based on profiling, has been introduced by the GDPR but is not applicable to Meteors. We do not carry out any automated processing that could have a legal effect, or that could significantly affect you.
In order to exercise any of the rights described above, you must contact our Data Protection Officer at the following address DPO@meteors-data.com, or contact us by post at the following address: 135 avenue de la république, 59100 La Madeleine.
If you feel that we are not complying with this Policy, or if you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your request or if your request has been refused, you may also lodge a formal complaint with the competent authority for the protection of Personal Data: https ://www.cnil.fr.
However, if you are not satisfied and before filing a complaint, we invite you to contact us at the following address DPO@meteors-data.com, we are at your disposal.
We retain your Personal Data in accordance with the applicable legal requirements for data retention and our internal policy. Data retention will vary depending on the type of data and the purposes of the processing.
In the case of applications, if you are unsuccessful, your data will be deleted as soon as the decision is taken not to proceed with your application. You will be informed of this decision and of the deletion of your data.
If you are successful, the data provided may be used for the purposes of finalising your recruitment and for the duration necessary for this purpose. Your data will generally be retained for the duration of our relationship and may be retained for a further period if required by law.
With regard to your data received via the contact forms and used to contact you, or to send you the requested documents, your data will be kept for 3 years following the last contact. If you have consented to the use of your data for the purposes of canvassing, sending newsleter, etc… they may be kept for a period of three years from the time they were collected, or from the last contact from you.
At the end of this three-year period, Meteors may contact you again to find out whether we can continue to solicit you. In the absence of a positive and explicit response from you, your data will be deleted.
The length of time we keep cookies and associated data is specified in our Cookies Charter.
Your data will not be transferred outside the European Union.
However, if there is a change in this policy, we undertake to inform you and to take all organisational and technical measures to ensure an adequate level of protection for your Data in accordance with the regulations in force.
9. Notification of changes
This Personal Data Management Policy may be modified according to the evolution of the functionalities offered on our Site, and the laws applicable to Meteors in terms of RGPD. These modifications and updates are binding on the User, which the User expressly accepts, and consequently you should refer to this section regularly and check the Personal Data Protection Policy in force. We will notify you of any significant changes to this Policy. Date of update of this Policy: September 2020.
In general, whether on our site or another, if you disapprove of the way in which your Personal Data will be used (The Policy for the Management of your Personal Data), we invite you not to use our site, nor to provide your personal data.
TYPES OF COOKIES USED
Cookies are necessary for navigation on the Meteors-data website. Their deletion may lead to navigation difficulties.
Here are the types of cookies we use on the Meteors-data website:
– Technical Cookies are necessary for browsing our website, as well as for accessing the various products and services. In particular, Technical Cookies make it possible to adapt the presentation of the website to the display preferences of the person’s terminal (language used, display resolution), to store information relating to a form filled in on the website and to implement security measures. These Cookies cannot be deactivated or parameterised, otherwise it will no longer be possible to access the website and/or the website’s services.
– Audience measurement cookies are issued by Meteors-data or its technical service providers for the purpose of measuring the audience of the various contents and sections of the website, in order to evaluate and better organise them. These Cookies also make it possible, if necessary, to detect navigation problems and consequently to improve the ergonomics of the services of the said website. These Cookies only produce anonymous statistics and traffic volumes, to the exclusion of any individual information.